FPVCYCLE LIGHT 13MM 1S MOTOR- 2MM PROP SHAFT
This is the FPVCycle light 13mm 1S motor with a 2MM prop shaft.
Safe, quiet, easy, fun.
This is the allure of small light weight crafts. We’ve worked extremely hard to optimize and refine the performance from the light 3″ 1S and 2S platforms however these motors can be used for any multitude of small low weight crafts.
One thing to note is that this motor has a 2mm prop shaft. We highly recommend the Gemfan 3018 for this motor which also has the 2mm press fit prop shaft. While the motor still has T-mount screw holes, only using the 2mm press fit has been shown to actually increase thrust and improve prop response. If you’d like to use props that are 1.5mm press fit, use a prop hole drill kit to drill a straight hole and avoid a wobbly prop that will cause vibrations.
- 11,400kv 1S with Gemfan 3018 prop at <64g AUW
- 11,400kv 2S with a ~1.5-2″ prop (note 2mm prop shaft)
- ~4.5g with ~40mm wires
- ~5.6g with ~190mm wires
- ~42mm wires pre-sized for BabyTooth build
- Mounting: 9mm diameter, 4 hole, M2
- 27awg silicone motor wire
- 2mm press fit prop shaft that’s 5mm tall
- 2mm internal shaft all the way through
- T-mount prop mounting also
- 5mm size bearings
- C-clip bell bottom and no C-clip on top
- 0.15mm laminations
- 7075 aluminium
- Single piece bell
In the box
- 1 motor
- 2x 8mm screws for T mount props
- 4x 3mm screws for mounting motors to 2mm thick carbon frames
- Low load 3” prop: Gemfan 3018 highly recommended
- Recommended all up weight (including 1S battery): 49-56g
1S 3” Drivetrain:
- FPVCycle Light 13mm 1S-2S Motor- 2mm prop shaft
- Gemfan 3018×3 2mm press fit
- 1S AIO board
- GNB 1S LiPo Battery 500mah XT30
The Rationale Behind the 2mm Prop Shaft
Previously, prop shafts meant for press fit props existed in just about every denomination from .8mm through 1.7mm. When we started flying Toothpick class quads that had lots more power/speed than typical micros, we started sheering prop shafts when using press fit props. We absolutely hate the annoyance and weight of the T mount screw mechanism so we just upped the shaft diameter to 2mm and made our new prop fit that. This 2mm shaft is not only stronger, but it also provides more gripping surface area for the prop so it’s more secure as well. Props with the 2mm centre press fit hole are backwards compatible on 1.5mm and smaller shafts with the T mount screws.
Note: These motors come with 3mm mounting screws which are ideal for mounting to 2mm frames. If you are mounting to a 1.5mm frame,
BE CAREFUL not to jam the screw into the windings.